Hippo's Yawn Loop
This trail follows the main access path to the base of the Rock, then branches off to the east (left) to follow the foot of the outcrop to Hippo’s Yawn. From there it returns to the car park via part of the Wave Rock Walk Circuit.
- It is 1030 metres to the Yawn and a further 680 metres back to the car park, (a total of 1710 metres.) The trail is well marked, flat and easy to walk.
- Interpretative signs along the trail focuses on “life on the fringe” (the “edge” between rock and earth), and it explains the formation of the “Yawn” itself.
- Contact Name:Wave Rock Visitors Center / Wave Rock Caravan Park
- Contact Phone:089880 5182 / 089880 5022
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org